The Irish Marine Federation (IMF) is the national organisation representing both commercial and leisure sectors of the marine industry in Ireland.
The Primary Aims of the Federation are:
- To promote the interests of all sectors of the marine industry in Ireland and to encourage its growth and development;
- To represent the interests of the industry to Government, State Agencies and European institutions, thereby influencing public policies;
- To promote the image of the industry through quality awareness, public statements and the organisation of Boat Shows;
- To provide advice, information and services to members in order to assist in achieving these objectives.
The Federation is governed by a Council elected by the corporate members. The current Council comprises:
- Mr. Paal Janson (Chairman), Dun Laoghaire Marina
- Mr. David O’Brien, Baily Publications Ltd.
- Mr. Bernard Gallagher, B J Marine Ltd.
- Mr. Damien Offer, Malahide Marina
- Mr. Gerry Salmon, MGM Boats Ltd
- Mr. Hogan Magee, Western Marine Ltd.
- Mr. Ian O’Mara, Viking Marine Ltd.
- Mr. Mark Ring, Royal Cork Yacht Club
- Mr. Jonny Moneley, Carlingford Marina
IMF Board Members
Mr. Paal Janson (Chairman)
Dun Laoghaire Marina
Mr. David O’Brien
Baily Publications Ltd.
Mr. Hogan Magee
Western Marine Ltd.
Mr. Bernard Gallagher
B J Marine Ltd.
Mr. Gerry Salmon
MGM Boats Ltd.
Mr. Ian O’Mara
Viking Marine Ltd.
Mr. Damien Offer
Mr. Jonny Moneley